Sunday, June 14

Im back!

After a long, re-routed, delayed flight I am finally back home. I had such a wonderful time and am excited to share with you some of the fun I had!
Our first stop was Miami, Florida. I shot this from the airplane window. Nice view, huh?
We stayed in South Beach, right on the white sand. The water was so clear and warm.

Our first meal was at a cute Cuban restaurant beachside. We had beef cuban sandwiches and shrimp stuffed plantain cups! 
And of course a refreshment on the side.
South beach is a melting pot with a mixture of different types of food. There is a road called EspaƱola Way which is a block devoted to all international food. It is lit up at night and really very pretty. We had this pizza at an Italian restaurant. Hard boiled eggs on a pizza?? Wow! You would be surprised how good it was! I am sooo making this at home!
We came across some interesting people on Ocean Dr., the main strip of bars, clubs and restaurants. There was a group of guys rolling Cuban cigars on the street. An old man was rolling these cigars so fast, I was glad I could snap a shot of him. It was incredible to watch him.
After our two nights on South Beach, we boarded the cruise ship. It would be our new home for the next 4 nights.

I didn't take as many pictures on the ship, but we did stop at some great islands in the Bahamas and Key West. I think Key West was my favorite. Sigh. Oh, and I bought a great bottle of chocolate/coffee liquor called Sheridans. Yum! Anywho, its back to reality now. And back to the kitchen!! Get ready for some tasty treats. :)

7 comments:

Heather S-G said...

Welcome back! Man, those shrimp stuffed plantain cups look awesome! Love the shot of the man rolling cigars, too...very cool. And I've never had hard-boiled eggs on a pizza, but sometimes I crack a whole egg on before puttin it in the oven (usually w/ potato slices, onions, garlic & some fresh cheese)...and that rocks. I'll try hardboiled next time. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous time! The shrimp plantain cups look really wonderful! So cool that you got Sheridans, we love that stuff, you could probably see that the almost empty bottle :) But fortunately my husband came back from Canada and got a new one for us!

Erin said...

Welcome back! Looks like it was a fun (and tasty) trip! I agree with the others, the shrimp in plantian cups look amazing. I've never been to Miami, and think it sounds like a fun destination!

Stacey Snacks said...

I have eaten a lot of pizza, and have never seen hard boiled eggs on a pie!
Oh well, I eat eggs with anything!

Reginald said...

Welcome back Zoe!

So what are you going to chef up for us first? :)

Winchester Manor said...

Welcome back, looks like you had fun! All of the photos are amazing!!

Olga said...

LOVE Cuban sandwiches. That brings back wonderful memories of my FL trips.

And those stuffed plantains look incredible.